The Foundation publishes Perspective twice a year as a way to acknowledge its incredible donors. The full-colour magazine keeps readers informed about developments within the Foundation and the Centre, maintaining a strong liaison between the Centre and the community at large.
- Hockey: Our residents Score Big
- Battle of the Bands: We are going Back to the 80’s with a NEW Presentation Sponsor
- MISSIVES: Back after a few years
- Thank you for helping us make the 2022 Battle the most successful one yet!!
- Donor Recognition: You make it all possible
- Project L’Chaim: Activities enrich our residents quality of life
- On-site Dental Clinics: The only ones in the province
- Donors: Thank You
- Battle is back!!
- Hockey: Scoring our highest fundraising success ever
- Donors: Thank You
- Covid-19- Life beginning to return to normal
- Barbra Gold- Our Visionary leader Retires
- Residents and staff get vaccinated against COVID-19
- Donor recognition: You make a difference
- No-Battle-Battle: Thank you for supporting us when we needed it most
- Finding our way in the Covid-19 era
- An un-FORE-gettable gold tournament during an unprecedented time!!!
- Donors: Thank you for being there for our residents
- Feel the Love: Showing Appreciation to our front-line heroes
Highlights from the 2019 Donald Berman Maimonides Battle of the Bands presented by National Bank Private Banking 1895.
- Thank you: Donors recognized
- Foundations make all the difference: Programs and services we support
- Hockey: Our residents scored!
- Leaving a Bequest: Leaving a Legacy
The Foundation’s many projects have been recognized with awards for its innovation and creativity. Here are some of the awards we have received:
The Simon Chang Foundation for Change, Moment in Time program was the recipient of a Jewish programming award from the Association of Jewish Aging Services. The award was given out at the annual AJAS conference in California. The Moment in Time program gives residents the opportunity to have a simple wish come true. Wishes have ranged from enjoying a meal from a favourite restaurant, watching a beloved sports team play in-person or even hosting a cocktail party for family and friends.
Karen Flam, Director of the Donald Berman Maimonides and Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Foundations was the recipient of the 2019 Dr. Herbert Shore Award from the Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS). This is the top award given by this North American Association. It is presented to the outstanding executive professional who best exemplifies the goals and ideals of AJAS and service to Jewish older adults.
Karen has led the Foundations to raise more money than at any other time in the organizations’ history. Her dynamic and upbeat personality has helped attract and retain younger donors. Karen has also brought her talent to the conference planning committee at AJAS. Since she attended her first conference, she has volunteered on the planning committee and has been instrumental in focusing on programs to attract all the development directors and officers at the various AJAS organizations. The Foundations are lucky that Karen is at the helm. Congratulations on this well-deserved honour!
Foundation Director Karen Flam was the winner of the Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS) Professional of the Year Award for 2010. The award recognizes an individual who reflects the highest standards of professional knowledge and expertise, shows exceptional leadership, and is highly respected by staff, residents and families.