Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Foundation enhances resident’s quality of life through fundraising initiatives that improve the Centre’s services and facilities.
We believe that every resident should benefit from innovative geriatric care and live a life of dignity and well-being at the Centre.
Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Centre is home to 288 residents who are either living with some form of dementia or with primarily aging-related disabilities. The Centre is comprised of two buildings: the Jewish Hospital of Hope Pavilion, with its main entrance located at 5725 Victoria Avenue, and the David and Sylvia Kastner Pavilion, located at 5750 Lavoie Street. The two pavilions are connected by an aboveground, fully enclosed link that can be accessed from the second floor of the Hope Pavilion, or from the main floor of the Kastner Pavilion.The long-term care facility, which is affiliated with McGill University, is located in Cote Des-Neiges, Quebec, and is part of the Integrated Health and Social Services University Network (CIUSSS) for West-Central Montreal.Your impact
Patient-centered excellence is the priority of Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare (DBJ).
The Foundation is committed to funding the cultural programming that is central to the Jewish heritage of the residents as well as therapeutic recreation activities and music programming that have a positive impact on the day-to-day life of the residents. These additions to the regular long-term care programming are what makes DBJ a Centre of Excellence. Your generosity has so much impact.Your Impact
The Jewish Eldercare Foundation came to be as a result of the merger of the Jewish Hospital of Hope Foundation and the Jewish Nursing Home Foundation. In 2018, it became known as the Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Foundation thanks to a transformative gift provided by the Donald Berman Foundation.Our history
Support the residents’ quality of life
- Donate to the COVID-19 Fund during this unprecedented time
- Enhance Jewish programming such as synagogue services, kiddushes, and the celebration of Jewish holidays
- Remember the Foundation when revising your will to make planned giving arrangements
- Create a named fund at the Foundation to mark a special occasion or honour a loved one
- Take part in our annual giving campaign by becoming a Governor
- Use our personalized tribute card service to mark a special occasion or holiday or to honour a loved one